Thursday, March 17, 2016

Goals of Table for One

So in my last two articles I talked about “What” I am doing and “How” I am going to do it.  Today I would like to talk about my goals, what do I hope to accomplish.  Some are altruistic, but there might be one in there that is for me.

So here are my goals:
·         To raise $2,500 for the Finnegan’s Community Fund!  I hope to draw enough people into my blog to help my friends at Finnegans out a little bit.  It’s a great cause, if you plan on following along with this blog please click the link above, or the pic below to our page and donate.  Even $5 helps move us closer to our goal.  They help get nutritious food to people in need right here in our city.

  • To raise $2,500 for the Finnegan’s Community Fund!  I hope to draw enough people into my blog to help my friends at Finnegans out a little bit.  It’s a great cause, if you plan on following along with this blog please click the link above, or the pic below to our page and donate.  Even $5 helps move us closer to our goal.  They help get nutritious food to people in need right here in our city.
  • My second goal is to help build a guide/road map for people in need.  I want to share recipes and tips for shopping at ANY grocery store, plus ideas on how to stretch your dollar.  I’m sure even some of my more well to do friends would benefit from that.
  • The third goal is for me.  I have a food addiction.  For me the addiction is more about experiencing new flavors and tastes, but it has led to some unhealthy eating habits.  I want to slow down, and learn to respect food a little more.  This is NOT about losing weight.  This is about finding balance, and respect for the overabundance of food choices I have in my everyday life.
  • My fourth goal is that I want to make people aware that not everyone on food stamps is a “bad person” who is a drain on society.  I am going to share stories I find about single mothers trying to put themselves through college, and how some people are working 3 to 4 jobs and still can’t make ends meet.
  • Lastly I want to make you aware that this poverty is on our door steps.  These are real struggles that effect our community. For example there are places called “food deserts” right here in the Twin Cities.  A food desert is a place where people do not have access to fresh foods and healthy choices within walking distance of where they live.  Can you imagine having to live out of a Walgreens or a SA for 99% of your grocery needs?  Some people don’t have to imagine.


This is our opportunity to make a small difference in the lives of those who live in our neighborhood, and community?  Will you stand with me and make that difference?  Click on the picture below and start with a small donation to help us reach our goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment