Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Day 59: Been There Done That

Day 59 Vitals:

Weight:  271 lbs.
Mood:  Exhausted
Water Consumed:  2 Nalgenes
Breakfast: Potato Hash
Lunch: Orange, Peanut Butter Sandwich, Carrots
Dinner: Pasta with Ground Pork Red Sauce, Broccoli
Hangry Thought of the Day: Please don't chain mail me on FB!

So has we draw into week 8 of the project I find myself repeating a few recipes over.

I made the Cheddar Jalapeno scones from week 1.  Most of the ingredients I got from Trader Joes, but I still had the basic baking ingredients (the flower and baking soda) from week 1.  I did make this batch cheesier.  I also toasted a lot of them to give them a crunch.  This really helped break up the monotony as they grew softer in the humid Minnesota air.

Yesterday I made another double batch of rice pudding.  I changed up quite  bit on this batch.  I had a bottle of agave nectar that I used in place of sugar.  This gave the batch a brownish look.  I also cooked the rice hotter this time.  So I have less crunchy kernels this time of round.  When flavoring it I eyeballed the vanilla, but split the batch between coconut and chocolate.  YUM!

Thanks to the large pack of Chicken Legs from COSTCO i have been having chicken legs most weeks.  I have been dressing them up in oil and spices.  But I had a couple of sauce packs from Week 0 that I have used for a little extra spice.

Don't forget, if you like this blog please help us in trying to end Childhood Hunger here in the Twin Cities.  Click the link the FINNEGANS logo in the right hand panel, and donate what you can.  Every dollar helps to reach our goal of $2,500 for this GREAT cause where 98% of your dollar will go back to the community!  Thanks for you help!

You can find us on the web at the following places:

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/TableForOneMN?lang=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment