Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Day 79: My $30 at Rainbow

Day 79 Vitals:

Weight:  271 lbs.
Mood:  Exhausted
Water Consumed:  2 Nalgenes
Breakfast: Egg Scramble on Tortilla, Nectarine
Lunch: Tuna on Tortilla and Yogurt
Dinner: Pasta w/ Pesto and Mixed Veggies
Hangry Thought of the Day: D is for Dalek!

So first off let's get the big question out of the way.  Yes, Rainbow was bought out by Supervalu (owners of Cub Foods) a few years back, and most of them closed.  But yes, there are a couple that still remain, however there is not much difference, in fact they even used the Cub Coupon book.  

Now my strategy for this week was a little on the weird side.  The day before I did a quick inventory and I still have 6 bags of frozen veggies, 1lb. of beef, 3lbs. of hot dogs, two bags of cheese, 5 cans of tuna fish, 2 boxes of pasta, and two jars of pasta sauce.  Safe to say, I could probably have skipped this week and got by.  So this week I had three goals in mind:

  1. Get ready for the 4th of July Weekend (Grilling)
  2. Stock up on some fun foods.
  3. Start winding down my stock piles.  As I near the end of the project I don't want a whole lot of odds and end to deal with, so I want to start eating down my wares.
So if this weeks grocery list looks a little goofy, it's because it is:



So the big thing I was running low on was my bread.  So I picked up a 24 pack of tortillas to make sandwiches out of.  The tomatoes and nectarines were to get more fruit into my diet, and the yogurts will act as some fun desserts this week.  The Goldfish crackers were for snacking on this weekend.  And lastly the burgers and veggies are just solid pickups to get me through the week.  

I utilized the coupon book on the crackers, meat, and tomatoes.  And that is the best tip to shopping at the remaining Rainbows.  The strategy is pretty much the same as Cubs.  



So I got plenty of goods deals here to sort of spruce up my grilling/snack selections.

Don't forget, if you like this blog please help us in trying to end Childhood Hunger here in the Twin Cities.  Click the link the FINNEGANS logo in the right hand panel, and donate what you can.  Every dollar helps to reach our goal of $2,500 for this GREAT cause where 98% of your dollar will go back to the community!  Thanks for you help!

You can find us on the web at the following places:

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/TableForOneMN?lang=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment