Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Day 72: My $30 at Lund's and Byerly's

Day 72 Vitals:

Weight:  271 lbs.
Mood:  Exhausted
Water Consumed:  2 Nalgenes
Breakfast: 2 Hard Boiled Eggs
Lunch: Peanut Butter Sandwich, Blueberries
Dinner: Loaded Baked Potatoes, Mixed Veggies
Hangry Thought of the Day: 4 Weeks To Go!

So I forgot to take a picture of my food this week, but I did get to sit in on a spot on Fox 9 news to talk about Table for One.  They did show my food for the week, so be sure to check out the YouTube Video below!




I caught a GREAT break at Lunds and Byerly's.  I caught the tail end of a large BOGO sale they had going on, and it included a LOT of items that would help my pantry.  I also picked up some ingredients to make a jambalaya at home.

Here are the big wins from Lunds and Byerlys!

  • Blue Berries (BOGO for 3.99).  I have said it often, but it bears repeating, fresh fruit is HARD, especially items like berries.  They have very short shelf life, and are often very expensive.  Sure I need to eat to large cartons in the first part of my week, but it is SO worth it!
  • Pasta, Sauce, and Shredded Cheese (All on BOGO).  Talk about a fantastic way to stretch your food dollar.  This is more then 6 meals right here for only $7.53!  That is a huge win.
  • Potato Hash Brown (BOGO).  I'll be honest, I don't know what I was thinking when I picked these up.  They just sounded mighty tasty, and are convenient breakfast option for a Papa on the go.
Lunds and Byerlys is your poster child for a Hi-Lo retailer.  This means that for the most part, they are high on most items, and use "door buster" pricing (the Lo) to generate traffic, hoping you will pick up a few higher margin tickets while you are there.  Keep this in mind as you shop.  They have plenty of great deals to take advantage of.  Also, when you can, take advantage of their fresh departments (bakery, deli, meat, and produce).  When you can find good deals here, you are pretty much guaranteed higher quality!



Don't forget, if you like this blog please help us in trying to end Childhood Hunger here in the Twin Cities.  Click the link the FINNEGANS logo in the right hand panel, and donate what you can.  Every dollar helps to reach our goal of $2,500 for this GREAT cause where 98% of your dollar will go back to the community!  Thanks for you help!

You can find us on the web at the following places:

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/TableForOneMN?lang=en.

No comments:

Post a Comment