Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Day 18: Cravings

Day 17 Vitals:

Weight:  273 lbs.
Mood:  Seems like a normal day so far...
Water Consumed:  2 Nalgenes
Breakfast: Pancakes
Lunch:  Pasta with Eggplant Sauce
Dinner: Hot Dogs and Peas
Hangry Seriously East Coast!  Drumpf!!!

So I just want to recap if you are new to this blog.  I am living off a food budget of $30 a week for three months to help raise awareness about Childhood poverty here in the Twin Cities.  If you are interested in helping us achieve our goal of raising $2,500 please click on the FINNEGANS logo in the right hand panel.

So the number one question I get asked if what am I craving.  And to be honest the first week was tough, and the second week tougher.  But now that I am in the third week, the cravings have sort of died down.  But I still have a few hankerings!


  • Burgers:  Oh, I love me a good burger!  Especially one cooked at one of our more famous burger joints, like the Buffalo Tap, or Burger Moe's.
  • Soda:  I used to drink soda pretty regularly.  Actually you could expand this to pretty much anything but water.  That is pretty much all I have drank for the last three weeks outside of some left over milk I bought for my scones in week 1.
  • Cheese/dairy products:  There is a little bit of this here and there, but not quite clearly enough to what I was used to.  I have a bag of chredded cheeses currently that I needed this week for a recipe.  I already used what I needed, but I feel like I am clutching on to the remainder like it is liquid gold!
  • Fruits:  While I seem to be getting plenty of veggies on this project, I can't say the same about fruit.  Outside two apples I got from Whole Foods in week 2, that has been pretty much it for fruit, unless you count the pumpkin chips I used to bake bars for people at work!
  • Caribou Coffee:  My life blood on the weekends.  I miss this one probably the most.  My sweet, sweet Campfire Mocha.  So full of caffeine and sugary goodness...

I also have to admit that there are some foods I have gotten more of then I thought I would:

  • Vegetables:  Canned, fresh, or frozen I seem to be able to work at least one serving into every meal.  My favorite so far was the grilled corn in Week 2 from Whole Foods.
  • Meat:  While it's true my meat consumption is down, I don't miss it as much as I thought it would  I have plenty of eggs at my disposal, and I LOVE me some eggs.  
Again, overall I am doing well with my cravings, but they are there.  Usually when I get a bad one I just drink some water and it gets better.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment