Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Day 24: Heading to the Cabin

Day 24 Vitals:

Weight:  271 lbs.
Mood:  On the tired side.  Leo was up all night
Water Consumed:  1 Nalgenes
Breakfast: 2 Hard Boiled Eggs
Lunch:  Pizza Dogs and Mixed Veggies
Dinner: Tin Foil Chicken Wings
Hangry Thought of the Day:  I went to Target, had to use the rest room.  No one tried peeking at my junk.  I think your safe!

The sun is out, the grass is green, and its time to head out to the cabin once again!  Just because I'm on a more restrictive diet doesn't mean I can't enjoy some family time at the lake. 




For food I grabbed the following:

  • Canister of Oatmeal
  • Left Over Carrots
  • Hot Dog Buns
  • Hot Dogs
  • Pouch of Tuna
  • Can of Green Beans
  • 3 Tortilla Shells
  • Mustard
  • Salt, Pepper, and Cinnamon
This was the first time I actually had a pang of regret that I started this project.  Grilling season is probably one of my favorite aspects of summer.  And of course heading to the cabin meant grilling, at least for everyone else.  Yeah, I had my pack of hot dogs, but after eating them all week they are a bit tiresome.

But I mustard through it (quite literally, check out the pick above), and I made it.  It was a lot of fun to spend that time with our kids, my wife, and Mom and her SO.  Felix got super excited to ride his little gator, and of course as a big boy, I got excited to ride the four wheeler.  Got out on the boat, and in general, we enjoyed the weather.  So all in all, this weekend was a bit of a challenge with the limited food, but well worth it to spend time with the family.

So what are your favorite summer time activities?  Let us know in the comments below!


Don't forget, if you like this blog please help us in trying to end Childhood Hunger here in the Twin Cities.  Click the link the FINNEGANS logo in the right hand panel, and donate what you can.  Every dollar helps to reach our goal of $2,500 for this GREAT cause where 98% of your dollar will go back to the community!  Thanks for you help!

You can find us on the web at the following places:


Please help spread the word of this project!












No comments:

Post a Comment