Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Day 31: Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola Bars

Day 31 Vitals:

Weight:  269 lbs.
Mood:  Awesome it's game night
Water Consumed:  2 Nalgenes
Breakfast:Pancakes
Lunch: Orange, Hard Boiled Eggs
Dinner: Chicken Wings and Veggies
Hangry Thought of the Day: May is too busy of a month

Today's recipe once again comes from Leanne Brown's book Good and Cheap.  I have kinda had my fill of eggs for breakfast, so I thought I would spice it up.  I had a lot of oats left over from week 1.  I have been slowly eating oatmeal from it, but it was too boring.  So let's turn them into something tasty, and I am bringing my helper Felix along for the ride:




  • butter or vegetable oil for the pan 
  • 3 cups rolled oats, or 2 cups rolled oats and 1 cup Rice Krispies 
  • ½ cup peanut butter 
  • ½ cup jelly or jam 
  • ¼ cup hot water 
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
The book linked above also has a lot of great suggestions for what to add.  Since I had some extra room in my Week 5 Budget I picked up some coconut to add to this (which I can use the left overs to mix in with my plain oatmeal).

Grease an 8x10 pan, and pre-heat the oven at 350
Pour oats into a large bowl


In a small sauce pan add the remaining ingredients (including your optional) and stir over low heat until well blended (should be around 2 minutes).



Pour the peanut butter mixture into the oats and stir.  Place in the prepared 8x10 pan and bake for 25 minutes!

Done, and poof, instant breakfast!  What would you add?  Leave us a comment below!

Don't forget, if you like this blog please help us in trying to end Childhood Hunger here in the Twin Cities.  Click the link the FINNEGANS logo in the right hand panel, and donate what you can.  Every dollar helps to reach our goal of $2,500 for this GREAT cause where 98% of your dollar will go back to the community!  Thanks for you help!

You can find us on the web at the following places:


Please help spread the word of this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment