Monday, May 9, 2016

Day 29: Target Week

Day 29 Vitals:


Weight:  269 lbs.
Mood:  Awesome it's game night
Water Consumed:  1 Nalgenes
Breakfast:Orange
Lunch:  Canned Salmon on Toast
Dinner: Butter Noodles and Frozen Mixed Veggies
Hangry Thought of the Day: My YouTube queue is getting to big...

We are quickly approaching week 5 of Project Table for One.  This weeks groceries are coming Target.



Thanks to last weeks trip to COSTCO I got to spend the majority of my budget on food groups I have been lacking in.  So here are my big wins from Target.  

  • 8lb Bag of Oranges for $5.00.  Whole Foods (Week #2) was the last time I had fresh fruit in my pantry.  No I have 8lbs of citrus goodness.
  • 1lb of Ground Beer.  Normally $4.49, this had a $1.00 reduced price sticker on it, so it was a steal at $3.49
  • 1lb. of Shredded Coconut.  For $2.52 I will be using this to flavor oatmeal, and make cereal bars.  Plenty of uses for this tasty treat.
  • 1sm Can of Black Olives $1.29:  I didn't need this, but I was making taco salads this week, and I wanted this.  Since I saved the $1.00 on the burger, it was an easy fit.
Shopping at Target was fairly easy and straightforward.  Stick to Market Pantry when you can.  It s generally between 15% to 20% cheaper, and is probably the highest rated private brand in the United States.  Target is also a good place to go for dairy product like yogurts, and shredded cheese.  Check for good meat specials, because when they are on sale, it's a steal.  Produce can be a little higher here, but it's not horrible.  The biggest downside to Target is that they don't have the largest assortment of items due to the size of the grocery section.  But on a SNAP budget it's usually about the cheapest option, not the variety.  Some targets also have a discounted/close dated food section.  I have seen large bags of flower in there for a GREAT price.  Unfortunately, it seems like my Target got rid of that section this week.



Don't forget, if you like this blog please help us in trying to end Childhood Hunger here in the Twin Cities.  Click the link the FINNEGANS logo in the right hand panel, and donate what you can.  Every dollar helps to reach our goal of $2,500 for this GREAT cause where 98% of your dollar will go back to the community!  Thanks for you help!

You can find us on the web at the following places:


Please help spread the word of this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment